Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Neytiri Sculpture


I was trying to sculpt something that wasnt so cartoony and this is what I managed. I wish I could figure out how to smooth it all over better. It still looks rough around the edges, and the pose is just dumb... but I was simply trying to see how it would go if I sculpted arms, torso, and legs all separately. I liked the method alot.

oh, it's suppose to be Neytiri from James Camerons Avatar.

Edit: I'll probably re-take these pictures, her legs look a little more stumpy than they really are because of the angle I took them from.

3 comments:

Dustin DeWitt said...

have you tried a wet sponge for smoothing those edges you speak of. looks awesome by the way!

Nevah said...

ah, it's made with sculpey, so water doesn't affect it. I've seen other people make really detailed stuff out of sculpey and the best of them can make their models look so damn smooth! I have no clue how they get that kind of consistency. I mean, fingerprints are almost impossible to avoid on some portions of the model, so I would like to know the appropriate method.

Anonymous said...

Try using Alcohol or Turpenoid. Either one should give you good results for smoothing ;) Good luck
Doug