Thursday, March 19, 2009

turtle!


I wanted to stab my brain when I found out how ridiculously easy this was. I need a mentor or something so I don't have to learn this stuff the hard way. Anyway, my first shot at a model with a normal map and occlusion map (I did'nt post the occlusion, though).

He's under 700 polys! :D I bet I could have gotten it so much lower than that too, now that I've figured this awfulness out. I can't wait to make more, now. Yay, what a relief to have all that sorted out.

2 comments:

Dustin DeWitt said...

looks great! So which way did you end up making your normal maps?

Nevah said...

pfft, don't laugh at me, but it was just Zbrush 3.1. You see, before, I just used 3.0 because I was only under the assumption patches fixed minor crappy bugs that didn't really affect me too terribly anyway. Wrong...

I will never wait like a lazy ass to get a patch again. Normal maps are like two button clicks now.