Sunday, January 11, 2009

Centaur

This thing took me forever... I was trying to figure out ZBrush and it seemed like every 5 minutes I had to figure something new out about it. Ridiculous. I STILL didn't learn something I really wanted to figure out. The above image is obvioulsy touched up in Photoshop. Mostly in the hair and along the contour of the model to remove pixellation. Anyway, I modelled it in Maya, rigged it, posed it, Pulled in Zbrush, tweaked the model, Painted in Zbrush. I'm unhappy with my coloring AND rigging of the horse part, but I'm VERY pleased with how much I learned from this model overall.

Doesn't get much nerdier than a Centaur... that's for sure.

3 comments:

Shawners said...

damn dude, sweet. I know you are sitting next to me watching me type this, but it is always nice to get a comment.

really awesome!

EvilNeru said...

That is one sexy centaur, although the lower abdomen make me uncomfortable...

Lindsay said...

the learning is all that matters... i feel the same way about EVERYTHING i do. I'm glad you keep going instead of turning into mush and crying to your cat.